Imaging tests are a vital part of your medical care. That's true whether your doctor needs to find out if you might have a medical condition or wants to create a treatment plan after a diagnosis.
From ultrasound to X-rays, MRI to CT scans, some of the best medical imaging technology is right here at Unity Health.
Imaging tests we offer
We offer a variety of tests close to home so you don't have to travel far to get them done. Here are a few of the tests we offer:
- Ultrasound, including general ultrasound scans and vascular ultrasound studies
- Nuclear medicine scans, which use a safe amount of radioactive tracer and special cameras to diagnose and detect diseases and visualize the function of organs
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans, which combine powerful magnets and radio waves to make highly detailed images. Our large-bore MRI scanners increase comfort for claustrophic or larger patients. And the powerful, 1.5 Tesla magnet helps to ensure high image quality.
- CT (computed tomography) scans, which use x-rays and sophisticated computers to create high-quality images. Our multi-slice scanner allows doctors to quickly detect and treat life-threatening conditions, from cancer to lung disease.
- General X-ray and digital fluoroscopy. Whether you need a chest or bone X-ray or a more specialized X-ray that shows real-time images, we can help.
- PET/CT (positron emission tomography/computed tomography) is provided at The Pyeatt Family Cancer Center.
- Mammography for breast cancer detection without a physician's referral needed.
- Echocardiogram to look for heart problems (Not available at Unity Health Harris Medical Center)
Metals and MRI exams don't mix
MRI exams are generally very safe, so long as the proper precautions are taken. Watch to learn more about the prep work you as a patient need to follow.
Metals and MRI exams don't mix (video)
Great images, great service—and fast results
Our goal is to provide you with a highly accurate image in a timely manner. Your test can often be scheduled on the day your doctor orders it.
Our technology is state-of-the-art, and our highly qualified team includes experienced and courteous registered technicians and physician radiologists. Thanks to remote 24-hour reads, a highly trained radiologist is available to review your test results after hours and on weekends, should you find yourself needing care in our Emergency Department.
A proud participant of the UAMS Angels program
Unity Health is a proud participant in the UAMS Angels program, which offers ultrasound tests by telemedicine to women with high-risk pregnancies. This gives women access to a high-risk pregnancy specialist without having to travel.
If you are interested in the UAMS Angels program, tell your pregnancy care provider.