Red snapper Provencal
Makes 4 servings.
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 ounces red snapper, bass or tilapia fillets, cut into 4 portions (3 ounces each)
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced (about 3 to 4 cloves)
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
1/2 tablespoon anchovy paste (optional)
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or 1/2 tablespoon dried)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-bottom sauté pan.
- Add fillets and sauté over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until each side is golden brown and the fish flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees).
- Remove fillets from the pan, cover to keep warm, and set aside. Drain excess fat from pan, but do not clean.
- Add garlic to sauté pan and cook for about 30 seconds, until it begins to soften. Do not brown.
- Add chicken broth to the pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add remaining ingredients and return to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve each fish fillet with 1/2 cup of sauce.
Serving size: 3 ounces fish, 1/2 cup sauce. Amount per serving: 216 calories, 10g total fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 6g carbohydrates, 25g protein, 2g total fiber, 341mg sodium.