Residents will receive a structured education in all required areas of internal medicine. These rotations will give you the skills necessary for providing comprehensive care to your patients. The Internal Medicine residency program offers three years of intensive, hands-on training in both hospital and clinic environments.
- ACGME Accredited
- Three year program
- Accepting a maximum of 10 residents per year
- Located in Searcy, AR population: 24,318, a 50 minute drive from Little Rock.
- We are composed of three Unity Health campuses: Harris Medical Center, White County Medical Center & Specialty Care campus, with a combined total of more than 249 staffed beds.
- We have a dedicated radiologist who teaches radiology conferences and an ultrasound course including ultrasound guided procedures.
- Didactic curriculum includes MKSAP (ACP), Yale Office Curriculum, and Knowledge to Practice (K2P) from Mayo Clinic.
- One on one sub-specialty rotational experience.
- Sub-specialty rotations available at Little Rock Diagnostic Clinic; Arkansas’ premier multi-specialty Internal Medicine Clinic.
- Night Float rotation instead of overnight call.
- Procedure experience begin in the PGY-1 year with opportunities to perform central lines, thoracentesis, paracentesis, chest tubes, and lumbar punctures.
- Full simulation lab with ACLS scenarios.
- Yearly educational stipend for Residents - PGY 1 & 2: $1,000, PGY 3 & 4: $1,500
- Newly renovated GME Conference Center for didactic lectures and morning report.
Applications for residency positions are accepted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). More information for applying can be found at FREIDA online. Our ACGME Program ID# 1400400927.
Unity Health will consider applicants who are U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, and other individuals with work authorizations that do not require visa sponsorship by Unity Health.
|Women’s Health||Internal Medicine Nights||Internal Medicine|
|Internal Medicine||Endocrinology||Internal Medicine|
|Internal Medicine Night Float||Internal Medicine||Oncology|
|Emergency Medicine||Neurology||Internal Medicine|
|Internal Medicine||Internal Medicine||Cardiology|
|Office Internal Medicine||Gastroenterology||Dermatology|
|Internal Medicine||MICU||Internal Medicine|
|Internal Medicine||IM Elective||Internal Medicine Night Float|
UNITY HEALTH - GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION
3214 E. Race Ave. • Searcy, AR 72143
GME@unity-health.org • (501) 380-2280
INTERNAL MEDICINE PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Stacy Zimmerman, MD, FACP FAAP
INTERNAL MEDICINE ASSOCIATE PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Stephen Wagner, MD, ACP FAAP
INTERNAL MEDICINE RESIDENCY PROGRAM COORDINATOR