Graduating from the classroom to clinical nursing
Unity Health's RN Residency program is designed to ensure nursing graduates enjoy a smooth transition from an entry-level nurse to an advanced beginner nurse. Our program provides a unique onboarding experience created for new graduates to help them become confident members of the Unity Health team.
Through the RN residency program, new nurses learn how to:
- Develop a high level of competence.
- Communicate effectively in an interprofessional team environment.
- Develop decision-making skills related to clinical judgment and performance.
- Perfect conflict resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Improve quality patient care.
This six-month program offers an extended onboarding for new nurses, including ongoing classes, hands-on clinical skills and Laerdal SimMan scenario training. Following the transition to preceptorship, further learning opportunities are provided through scheduled classes.
As a new graduate RN, you can apply for any current full-time RN position and indicate on your application that you are interested in the RN Residency program.