Community of Caring
Partnering to serve the basic needs of food, shelter, safety, and mental and physical health in our community
Community of Caring Mission
To improve the quality of health and wellbeing in our community with compassionate care by partnering to fill the most basic needs of food security, shelter and safety, and addiction recovery so that physical and mental health needs can also be met.
Community of Caring (previously A Day of Caring) is Expanding!
- 2022 Expanding the Mission
- Host a Caring Drive and/or Volunteer Day
- Community Resources
Community of Caring is expanding to include Caring Drives and Volunteer Days held all around Searcy by businesses and groups to directly benefit the nonprofits organizations serving our community throughout the year.
Unity Health is excited to announce Community of Caring, previously A Day of Caring, is expanding to broaden our reach throughout the year, beginning in September! Community of Caring Drives and Volunteer Days held by businesses, groups, and organizations all around Searcy will replace the one-day event and directly benefit nonprofit organizations that serve the needs in our community every day.
For 25 years, A Day of Caring/Community of Caring has served the basic needs of our community. Thank you for making these events successful by dedicating your time and resources each year. We know from A Day of Caring and Community of Caring events that there are many families and individuals in our community who struggle with food insecurity, homelessness, domestic violence, addiction recovery and providing for the needs of foster children throughout the year. Searcy is blessed with several non-profit organizations that work all year to help families and individuals move into better situations, but they cannot do it alone. These organizations need our help.
Non-profits have very specific needs including:
- Diapers and wipes for babies and children in shelters and foster care
- Undergarments and feminine products for women in shelters and safe havens
- Sleeping bags, pillows, and tents for the homeless
- Non-perishable foods for local food banks serving the hungry
- Personal care items, paper products, cleaning products for families struggling to pay their bills
- Shoes and socks for children and homeless families
- Monetary Donations
- And more
Expanding the A Day of Caring mission with Community of Caring Drives and Volunteer Days will provide direct support by collecting items for the non-profits and organizations serving our community throughout the year. Will you join Unity Health in the expanded Community of Caring mission to improve the quality of health and wellbeing in our community with compassionate care by partnering to fill the most basic needs of food security, shelter and safety, and addiction recovery so that medical and mental health needs can also be met?
Host a Caring Drive and/or Volunteer Day
September 2022 is “Community of Caring” Kick-Off month, but the giving will continue all year! Businesses, organizations, clubs, groups and churches are asked to continue supporting the A Day of Caring / Community of Caring mission by joining us in hosting a Caring Drive at your location during the month of September to kick things off. Caring Drives and Volunteer Days can also be held anytime throughout the year!
Participating is fun and easy!
- Choose a non-profit and select the items to collect in your Community of Caring Drive. Nonprofit list
- Schedule a Caring Drive and/or Volunteer Day in September for a non-profit organization who is serving the needs of people in our community
- Complete and return the participation form to be included in publicity and receive your Planning Packet which includes: “We are A Community of Caring” yard sign, fliers, media recognition, t-shirt order form and event summary form.
- Host your Caring Drive and/or Volunteer Day during the September Kick-Off, or anytime.
- Deliver your collected items to the non-profit. Complete the event summary form and return it.
We are asking previous sponsors and donors to join us as Community of Caring Partners in the expanded “We Are a Community of Caring” movement to continue the mission of serving the basic needs of others by collecting items and volunteering for non-profit organizations during September Kick-Off. We encourage businesses to continue Caring Drives throughout the year.
If your specific circumstances require a monetary donation, you may continue to do so to the A Day of Caring/Community of Caring fund. These funds will be used 100% for the needs of the nonprofits. Please make checks payable to “A Day of Caring” and mail to:
1200 S. Main St.
Searcy, AR 72143
Searcy is blessed to have nonprofit organizations caring for the basic needs of those in our community throughout the year. Their mission, passion, hard work and dedication are making a difference and changing the lives of others every day! The 2022 Community of Caring Expanded mission will partner with these nonprofits to support this work with Community of Caring Drives and Volunteer Days that help move people into better situations.
The expanded Community of Caring will include Searcy non-profit organizations serving the basic needs of those in our community.
Support for nonprofits:
- Raise awareness for what you do, who you serve, how many you serve
- Recognize the needs in your current mission and efforts
- Support your work through community-wide Caring Drives and Volunteer Days
- Provide Resource Packets to those in need of services who do not have access to them
- Help meet unmet medical and mental health needs
- Must be a non-profit organization
- Serving food insecure, foster care, homeless, domestic abuse victims, addiction recovery, mental or physical needs
- Please return a copy of your W-9, Exemption letter or Form 990
- Provide Donation Receipts for donors
- Complete the Nonprofit form and email
The purpose of the expanded Community of Caring mission is to serve the basic needs of people in our community. Our local non-profits care for these needs every day. For individuals and families in need of the services available, a packet of information with non-profit resources is being assembled. These resources will be posted on websites, social media, and will be distributed in accessible locations for individuals and families needing the services.
Thank You Caring Partners!
Church of God of Velvet Ridge
Economic Recovery Consultants Inc. (ERCI)- For Daughters of the Other Side (DOTS)
Medical Center Pharmacy- For Child Safety Center of White County
Searcy First United Methodist Church- For Good Samaritan
Unity Health Auxiliary- For food banks and shelters