Graduating from the Classroom to Clinical Nursing
Unity Health's RN Residency Program is designed to ensure nursing graduates enjoy a smooth transition from an entry-level nurse to an advanced beginner nurse by providing a unique onboarding experience created for new graduates to help them become confident members of the Unity Health team.
Through the RN Residency Program, new nurses learn how to:
- Develop a high level of competence
- Communicate effectively in an inter-professional team environment
- Develop decision-making skills related to clinical judgment and performance
- Perfect conflict resolution and critical thinking skills
- Improve quality patient care
This six-month program offers an extended onboarding for new nurses including ongoing classes, hands-on clinical skills and Laerdal® SimMan scenario training. Following the transition to preceptorship, further learning opportunities are provided through scheduled classes.
As a New Graduate RN you can apply for any current full-time RN position and indicate on your application that you are interested in the RN Residency Program.
For more information contact our Nurse Educators today!
Tanya McGary, RN
Tammy Corley, RN