Unity Health - Courage is an adolescent behavioral health unit designed for ages 12 through 17 who are still in school.
Located in Searcy, Courage is an 11-bed, short-term acute inpatient program for students with emotional or behavioral issues. The treatment team consists of a psychiatrist, medical doctor, therapist, nurse, special education teacher, therapeutic recreation specialist, dietitians and mental health technicians. Occupational, speech and physical therapy services are also available when needed.
Potential patients may present one or more of the following problems:
- Potentially harmful to self or others
- Unable to provide for own health or safety
- Behaviorally or emotionally dsyfunctional to the point of needing hospitalization
- In need of treatment and/or medication management requiring 24-hour skilled care and observation
- Mental status change or acute onset of inability to tend to activities of daily living
- In need of diagnostic or treatment services that cannot be obtained in any manner other than an inpatient basis
Patient must have primary psychiatric diagnosis requiring acute treatment and must be medically stable.
For more information, please call 501.278.3450. Courage is located at the Unity Health - Specialty Care Campus.