The primary goal of our Unity Health HomeCare Agency is to educate our patients about their disease(s) and empower them to live life to the fullest. During in-home visits, our registered nurses spend time talking to patients about specific techniques to use in managing and monitoring their disease(s).
Our HomeCare nurses remain in constant communication with patients through in-home visits, over the phone or via video through our telemedicine program upon admission. We provide tools including blood pressure cuffs, scales and pulse ox monitors for patients to check their vital signs. The patient then gives that information to their nurse during their daily conversation.
Also, the Unity Health HomeCare Agency has been named as a Top 500 Agency in the nation by HomeCare Elite.
- Disease management for conditions such as heart failure (HF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, depression and more
- Skilled nursing for IV therapy, wound care, medication reconciliation, assessments, education and support
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Obstetric and pediatric care
Our team includes:
- Physicians authorize individualized treatment plans for home care and regularly review patients' progress to make necessary changes
- Registered nurses provide treatment, educate and monitor patients' medical conditions
- Physical, speech and occupational therapists provide rehabilitation services
- Medical social workers help with emotional and social needs of patients throughout their plan of care
- Dietitians provide education to patients based on special dietary needs related to their diagnosis
- HomeCare aides provide assistance with personal care such as grooming and bathing
Who is eligible for HomeCare?
Patients who have healthcare needs that require the skills of a health professional on an intermittent basis are eligible for HomeCare services. Initial evaluations are done at no cost by a Unity Health HomeCare registered nurse either in the hospital or at home to determine eligibility.
The Unity Health HomeCare Agency serves eight counties:
For more information about the Unity Health HomeCare Agency, or to schedule an in-home visit, please call 501.279.2777 or contact your physician.