Imaging tests are a vital part of your medical care. That's true whether your doctor needs to find out if you might have a medical condition or wants to create a treatment plan after a diagnosis.
From ultrasound to X-rays, MRI to CT scans, some of the best medical imaging technology is right here at Unity Health.
Imaging tests we offer
We offer a variety of tests close to home so you don't have to travel far to get them done. Here are a few of the tests we offer:
- Ultrasound, including general ultrasound scans and vascular ultrasound studies
- Nuclear medicine scans, which use a safe amount of radioactive tracer and special cameras to diagnose and detect diseases and visualize the function of organs
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans, which combine powerful magnets and radio waves to make highly detailed images. Our large-bore MRI scanners increase comfort for claustrophic or larger patients. And the powerful, 1.5 Tesla magnet helps to ensure high image quality.
- CT (computed tomography) scans, which use x-rays and sophisticated computers to create high-quality images. Our multi-slice scanner allows doctors to quickly detect and treat life-threatening conditions, from cancer to lung disease.
- General X-ray and digital fluoroscopy. Whether you need a chest or bone X-ray or a more specialized X-ray that shows real-time images, we can help.
- PET/CT (positron emission tomography/computed tomography) is provided at The Pyeatt Family Cancer Center.
- Mammography for breast cancer detection without a physician's referral needed.
- Echocardiogram to look for heart problems (Not available at Unity Health Harris Medical Center)
Great images, great service—and fast results
Our goal is to provide you with a highly accurate image in a timely manner. Your test can often be scheduled on the day your doctor orders it.
Our technology is state-of-the-art, and our highly qualified team includes experienced and courteous registered technicians and physician radiologists. Thanks to remote 24-hour reads, a highly trained radiologist is available to review your test results after hours and on weekends, should you find yourself needing care in our Emergency Department.
A proud participant of the UAMS Angels program
Unity Health is a proud participant in the UAMS Angels program, which offers ultrasound tests by telemedicine to women with high-risk pregnancies. This gives women access to a high-risk pregnancy specialist without having to travel.
If you are interested in the UAMS Angels program, tell your pregnancy care provider.