Throughout our lives, we may encounter a variety of infections—from simple sore throats to the common cold. But other infections, like HIV and hepatitis C, are far more serious. When that's the case, we can offer you treatment for complicated infectious diseases.
Advanced care from our infectious disease specialist
At Unity Health, you have access to our highly qualified, board-certified infectious disease specialist. From your very first visit, you can count on compassionate care. Our hometown team is highly committed to your well-being.
Coming to us for treatment
While many infectious diseases are treated during a hospital stay, we also see patients on an outpatient basis at Searcy Medical Center. Often, these patients need follow-up care or have been referred by their primary care provider (PCP).
Your PCP may want you to see our infectious disease specialist to help diagnose your infection or if your infection is resistant to most antibiotics.
Our specialist will evaluate you and create a treatment plan. To give you the best possible care, our specialist may work with other members of your healthcare team too. Your treatment might include:
- Oral or intravenous (IV) antibiotics
- Antifungal medications
- Antiviral medicines
Infectious diseases we treat
We treat many types of infectious diseases. Some of the most common conditions we treat are:
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), the virus that causes AIDS
- Hepatitis C (a liver infection)
- Osteomyelitis (bone infection)
- Cellulitis (a superficial skin infection)
- Bacterial, viral and parasitic infections
- Sepsis (bloodstream infection)
- Endocarditis (heart infection)
- Complex bacterial infections, such as S. aureus and gram-negative bacterial infections